Free end to end encrypted notes apps.
Standard Notes is a free, open-source, and completely encrypted notes app.
It has Web, Mac, Windows and Linux desktop app, Android, iOS app.
AES-256 encryption. Your notes are encrypted and secured so only you can decrypt them. No one but you can read your notes.
- AES-256 encryption. No one but you can read your notes.
- Easy to use, open-source apps on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux
- Automatic sync with no limit on data capacity
- Unlimited devices
- Web access
- Offline access
Joplin is a free, open source note taking and to-do application, which can handle a large number of notes organised into notebooks. The notes are searchable, can be copied, tagged and modified either from the applications directly or from your own text editor. The notes are in Markdown format.
Notes exported from Evernote via .enex files can be imported into Joplin, including the formatted content (which is converted to Markdown), resources (images, attachments, etc.) and complete metadata (geolocation, updated time, created time, etc.). Plain Markdown files can also be imported.
Three types of applications are available: for the desktop (Windows, macOS and Linux), for mobile (Android and iOS) and for terminal (Windows, macOS, Linux and FreeBSD). All applications have similar user interfaces and can synchronise with each other.
- Desktop, mobile and terminal applications.
- Web Clipper for Firefox and Chrome.
- End To End Encryption (E2EE)
- Note history (revisions)
- Synchronisation with various services, including NextCloud, Dropbox, WebDAV and OneDrive.
- Import Enex files (Evernote export format) and Markdown files.
- Export JEX files (Joplin Export format) and raw files.
- Support notes, to-dos, tags and notebooks.
- Goto Anything feature.
- Sort notes by multiple criteria - title, updated time, etc.
- Support for alarms (notifications) in mobile and desktop applications.
- Offline first, so the entire data is always available on the device even without an internet connection.
- Markdown notes, which are rendered with images and formatting in the desktop and mobile applications. Support for extra features such as math notation and checkboxes.
- File attachment support - images are displayed, and other files are linked and can be opened in the relevant application.
- Search functionality.
- Geo-location support.
- Supports multiple languages
- External editor support - open notes in your favorite external editor with one click in Joplin.